WELCOME - VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. PLEASE READ THIS.
You can only submit appeals against Penalty Charge Notices commonly called Parking Tickets issued by the following.
1. Issued by local authorities in England and Wales and Transport for London under the Traffic Management Act 2004 and
2. Local Authorities in Scotland issued under The Road Traffic Act 1991
3. London Local Authority legislation.
4. Issued under the Congestion Charge legislation.
You cannot use this system if you have received a Charge Certificate, Order for Recovery or a Notice of Rejection to appeal to the Parking Adjudicator.
Please do NOT use this system for seeking advice. If you do to protect your position we will submit an appeal on your behalf if you have paid the correct fee.
WE ARE SORRY BUT WE CANNOT DEAL WITH YOUR PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CHARGE CERTIFICATE OR AN ORDER FOR RECOVERY.
Please note that we do not deal with appeals to the Parking Adjudicator except where the client is a transport company, taxi company or distributor. We have special facilities for such companies so if you are one and want to know more e-mail transport followed by the @ sign followed by AppealNow.com.
BEFORE YOU START THE APPEAL PROCESS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHETHER YOU HAVE RECEIVED A PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE, CCTV ISSUED PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE, NOTICE TO OWNER OR OTHER DOCUMENT.
To appeal your Penalty Charge Notice (Parking Ticket) follow the steps below:
1. Press the big red button which says "Click to "APPEAL NOW"
2. This will take you to the "Appeals" page.
3. Carefully select the type of appeal that applies your Penalty Charge Notice and click on the red button. ( For example if you have received a Notice to Owner please select that box. Also the law is different if you received a penalty charge notice issued by CCTV than if a penalty charge notice is put on your car by a civil enforcement officer.
4. You will then be taken to a page to register. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE APPEALING AGAINST A NOTICE TO OWNER OR A PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE ISSUED BY CCTV OR UNDER REGULATION 10 ONLY THE REGISTERED OWNER OF THE OWNER MAY APPEAL.
5. Please complete all the mandatory entries AND the characters to protect you and us from spammers and then press the red "Submit" button.
6. You will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm that you applied by clicking on the link shown.
7. When you click on that link you will be confirmed as signed up.
8. You will then be directed to the page where you fill in your Penalty Charge Notice details and the basis and details of your of your appeal from the drop down menu.
9. PLEASE NOTE THAT A PENALTY CHARGE NOTICES NORMALLY COMPRISE TWO LETTERS FOLLOWED BY 8 NUMBERS OR TWO LETTERS FOLLOWED BY 7 NUMBERS AND A FINAL LETTER. THE PENALTY CHARGE WILL ALSO SHOW:
a) THE ISSUING LOCAL AUTHORITY AND
b) UNDER WHAT LEGISLATION IT WAS ISSUED – E.G. THE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT ACT 2004 (IN ENGLAND AND WALES) OR THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1991 (IN SCOTLAND)
c) IN LONDON THERE ARE PCNS ISSUED UNDER VARIOUS LONDON LOCAL AUTHORITY ACTS AND THE CONGESTION CHARGING LEGISLATION
10. When you have completed this press submit and then pay the fee and your appeal will be dealt with by us.
11. PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOU LODGE AN APPEAL OUTSIDE OUR TERM OF BUSINESS WE RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO PROCESS THE APPEAL AND WILL ISSUE A REFUND LESS OUR COSTS IN MAKING THE REFUND
A) NEVER THROW AWAY ANY PAPERWORK RELATING TO YOUR PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE.
B) DO KEEP PAY AND DISPLAY TICKETS!
C) IF YOU HAVE TAKEN PHOTOGRAPHS WITH A DIGITAL CAMERA OR MOBILE PHONE MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THEM ONTO YOUR COMPUTER OR MAKE A BACKUP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
To learn more about yellow lines and parking signs click here. To find out about Controlled Parking Zones click on this link.