This is a legal document which sets out how Margrove Software Limited, a company registered in England under registration number 4049159 ("Margrove", "AppealNow.com™", "we", "us" or "our"), handles data which identifies you ("User", "Users" collectively). This document forms part of the AppealNow.com™ Terms and Conditions and should be read it in conjunction with those Terms and Conditions.
• We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and to ensure we comply with all protection the Act affords to you we have set out below how we intend to utilise the information provided by you when you register via the Site homepage. Further information on the Act is on the internet at www.dataprotection.gov.uk. You can search for our Data Protection Notification there, should you so wish.
• When you register for the AppealNow.com™ Service, you provide your name and other personal information which we require to enable you to use our services and/or products to the fullest.
• We may use your personal data for contacting you via the phone or e-mail for support, notification of new products or general correspondence regarding the Site and correspondence which may relate to you. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be passed on to external companies if you have opted in to permit AppealNow.com™ to give your contact information to selected companies, business partners, sponsors and advertisers. If you opt out of permitting AppealNow.com™ to pass on your information, it will be used only to support your customer relationship with us (i.e. e-mails only from AppealNow.com) and to provide the specified service. You can opt out by e-mailing us at optout@AppealNow.com . We do not disclose or sell your information outside our company or associated companies.
• If you would rather not receive future marketing emails from us once you have registered please inform us by e-mail at nomarketing@AppealNow.com.
• Cookies. These are messages given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie's main objective is to identify Users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit our site and update the services and products which Users have purchased. For more on cookies click on cookies policy
• The purpose of a cookie is to identify Users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site.
• Third party cookies may be used on some parts of the site.
2. How we share and use of information
• We, and (where relevant) our credit card processing agents, will not supply your personal data to a third party for commercial exploitation.
• The AppealNow.com™ Service may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, demographic data in an anonymous form provided by Users to target this advertising more appropriately.
• Newsletters. We proposing having both regular and occasional emails, which Users can decide to take or not, according to their preferences. You can opt out of receiving these by e-mailing us at nonewsletters@AppealNow.com
• Credit Card information. WorldPay who operate a secure server, to process our credit card payments. Users' credit or debit card information is encrypted and WorldPay authorise payment directly. Because of this process we do not see Users' credit card. WorldPay may transfer to, process, and hold your credit card information in countries either within or outside the European Economic Area in connection with performing their duties.
• Associated Companies. We may share with our associated companies data supplied by you (or which we collect about you), but only for the purposes described in this privacy statement.
• Changes in AppealNow.com's business. If all of the assets (or substantially all of them) which AppealNow.com uses to operate its business are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party.
• Place of processing. The personal information held by us is held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom .
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each User's responsibility:
• to protect against unauthorised access to our site;
• to protect against unauthorised use of our services and/or products;
• to ensure against use by anyone else of the AppealNow.com™ Service through the device that User or other Users use while they are "logged on" to the AppealNow.com™ Service;
• to log off or exit from the AppealNow.com™ Service when not using it; and
• to keep secret any password provided to you.
4. Opt-out policy
• You may have your registration details removed at any time by ceasing to be a User.
• We provide Users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving e-mailed Newsletters which they have previously opted to receive.
5. Disclosure for legal reasons
• We reserve the right to communicate such of a User's personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, and which make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
6. Contacting AppealNow.com
• If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with AppealNow.com, you can contact us at privacy@AppealNow.com. You can also use this address if you wish to request from AppealNow.com™ a copy of the personal data we hold about you or a description of that data. Please note that by English law we are entitled to charge you a small sum for providing this information.
7. Links to third party sites
The Site may also have links to other websites over which we have no control. AppealNow.com™ is not responsible for the content or privacy practices.
Reversing the charges™